The Customer Experience Cloud: How To Unify The Organization Around A Seamless Customer Experience
By Omar Akhtar, Managing Editor with Charlene Li, Principal Analyst
For executives and strategists involved in delivering seamless customer experience
Today's customers demand to be recognized as the same unique individuals across every channel, whether online or offline. They don't care about which part of the company they are dealing with, to them, there's only one brand. Yet, companies continue to give customers a disconnected experience, with sales, service and marketing each working to engage the audience on their own, without coordinating their efforts. It makes customers frustrated, disengaged and disloyal. In a 2013 research study by Oracle, 89% of customers said they had switched brands due to a bad customer experience.
Till now, most companies have been driving these unification efforts within the marketing department, who are seen as natural custodians of the customer experience. But to truly deliver a seamless customer experience across all touchpoints, companies must extend these efforts across sales and service departments as well. Hence, technology strategies must evolve from building a "marketing cloud" to building a "customer experience cloud."
This report outlines the essential components of the technology and teams needed to build a customer experience cloud, as well as the crucial steps companies can take to get started.
- A roadmap for the steps every company can take to start unifying customer experience across sales, service and marketing.
- A customer guide to the essential technological and organizational components needed to build a customer experience cloud.
- A guide for companies on how to choose the right technology according to their needs.
- Insights from leading brands including Nike, GE, McDonalds, GM and Lenovo that highlight their efforts to unify their organization around a seamless customer experience.
- An overview on the top technology vendors who can help brands deliver on this vision.